Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hold You Forever ...




As the rains continue to batter,
standing on the balcony     
I watch the rain drops
converge into one pool of water;
I wish you were here
standing next to me      
In this rain soaked night,
holding hands, scheming of things pretty,
Wondering to myself, so late at night,
what is it that attracts me to you?
Thinking to myself, why are you always on my mind?
What power do you have in what you do?
thinking about where i stood,    
I try to push you out of my mind,
but every time i push you out of my thoughts,      
You crawl back into my world and fill my senses,
it’s so hard to keep smiling
and continue denying what i feel     
I don’t know why,
a thousand reasons i have none,
I can’t go on like this,
I can’t pretend everything is fine,
when all I want is to
hold you tight ...
Today... Tonight ...Everyday ... every night...


2 comments:

  1. Would like to say "And it seems like yesterday it was just a dream. Those days are gone they are just memories".

    --Eminem

    Loved it the way you expressed :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people leave such an impression,
    which appears to be our own reflection,
    among many faces of random reflections,
    in the lonely vast and unknown ocean
    of life's trials and tribulations,

    that we want to hold on to such moments,
    when we know that it will only torment,
    the longer we stay in this predicament,
    and it can only end in a tragic lament.

    Then, why, do we keep on dreaming,
    and not wipe the tears streaming,
    when life is still long and teeming
    with joys,pleasures and smiles beaming?

    Why should someone's physical presence
    be necessary to capture her essence?
    The gifts of her sublime benevolence
    flourish subliminally in her abscence.

    Why not see the positive side of things?
    Why not see the good that someone brings?
    Why not see that it insults the memories?
    Why not see that it destroys the dreams?

    What are we, if not memories and dreams?
    Some of them may be lost along the way,
    Others may not see the light of the day,
    But from our life's aim, we must never sway.

    ReplyDelete